Current & Upcoming Contests
Who's Got The Boom?: Madison James
How to Enter
Show off your Prom dance moves on Instagram! Starting March 1st, 2018 through March 30th, 2018, share a Boomerang of you and your best prom dance moves on Insta! Make sure to tag @terrycostadallas and #madisonjames #whosgottheboom and #terrycosta to be entered
Official Contest Rules
Make sure to tag @terrycostadallas and #madisonjames #whosgottheboom and #terrycosta to be entered. The entry with the most likes at the end of the contest period will win 1 Madison James Prom Gown of their choosing* and $500 cash prize! Photo must be posted during contest entry dates, adding tags to previously posted photos will not be counted as a valid entry. These requirements, as well as the general contest rules listed below that apply to all contests, are applicable.
The entry must fulfill all requirements, as specified above, to be eligible to win the contest. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Terry Costa. You may only enter once. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Terry Costa.
1 Madison James Prom Gown of your choosing - based on availability and $500 cash prize
All contests are open to legal U.S. residents who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. If a participant is deemed a minor, he/she must obtain parental/legal guardian consent prior to entering the contest.
The Selection Process
The entry with the most likes/views at the end of the contest period will win 1 Madison James Prom Gown of your choosing - based on availability and $500 cash prize. The winner will be announced the week of April 2nd, 2018.
General Rules Applicable To All Contests
Terry Costa, its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (collectively, the “Company”), will conduct its contests substantially as described in these general contest rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
1. Prize(s). The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. All prizes must be redeemed from the Terry Costa store within thirty (30) days of the contest end date unless otherwise stated in the contest’s official rules. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion.
2. Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be U.S. residents. The age limit will vary from contest to contest as determined by the Company, please refer to each contest’s official rules for any applicable age restrictions. If the contest is open to minors, a parent or guardian of any participant who is a minor must give consent on behalf of the minor to be eligible to receive a prize, but the Company reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to or on behalf of any minor. Unless otherwise stated in the official contest rules, only one (1) entry per person. Only one (1) prize per household for the Contest. Only one (1) prize per household from the Company within any one hundred eighty (180) day period. If the contest involves participation by voting for a contest participant on any website then the voting is limited to one (1) vote per person per website. If a contestant receives multiple and/or irregular votes from the same user or users, regardless of the source, the Company reserves the right to disqualify the contestant in its sole discretion. Employees of the Company, the Contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of associations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
3. Voting/Like Contests. By participating in the voting/like portion of any contest, each voting/like participant agrees to be bound by the official contest rules. Voting/likes are limited to one vote/like per verified email address and/or social account. If an entrant receives multiple and/or irregular votes/likes or multiple votes/likes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes/likes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source, Terry Costa reserves the right to disqualify the entrant in its sole discretion. If the contest includes the use of an internet tool and the internet voting process fails to operate properly or appears to be tampered with or tainted with errors, fraud or unfair practices, Terry Costa reserves the right to use another means to determine the winner(s), i.e. random selection or appointing a panel of judges. All decisions of the judges are final.
4. Publicity; Use of Personal Information. By participating, where allowed by law, all participants and winner(s) grant the Company exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, videotape, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Company may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
5. Consumer Created Content. If the entry for the contest includes any creative material from the participant, including but not limited to, consumer created content, by submitting your entry: (1) you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and will not place the company or contest sponsors under any fiduciary or other obligation, that the company is free to disclose the ideas on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you; (2) you acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, the company and contest sponsors do not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to sponsor, or developed by their employees, or obtained from sources other than you; (3) you are verifying that you are the owner and producer of the submitted material and that no third party ownership rights exist to any material submitted, and (4) you are hereby granting the company a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, have distributed and promote such content in any form, in all media now known or hereinafter created, anywhere in the world, for any purpose.
6. Release. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Company.
7. Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize which are not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Company will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
8. Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. The Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately circumvent, disrupt, damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Company reserve the right to seek civil and/or criminal prosecution and/or damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
9. Miscellaneous. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company’s release form to claim the prize. The Company may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time as announced on the Company website. The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. For a copy of the rules, or where required by law, a list of winners, visit the Company's website. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be returned.
10. Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. The Company shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, providing specific written information about the Contest, etc. as required by local and state law.